Hot water boilers for solid fuel
We conduct conformity assessment, certification, testing and informative examinations of boilers for solid fuels. The boilers may feature both hot water (80/60) and hot water condensing (50/30) heating system. We also offer consultancy as to the applicable requirements for design, documentation and related legislation regarding boilers.
Comprehensive (package) services
A manufacturer (customer) may apply for a fully comprehensive assessment and testing of the product concerned, consisting in applying all relevant regulations and standards, or a specific group of their choice. If requested, we can conduct the assessment and testing of selected properties of a product.
We also rent technical facilities (including qualified operators) for the development of a product or any of its parts.
Maximum boiler size
Our testing facilities in Brno allow for testing boilers with a max. capacity of 1 MW, but we can arrange for a boiler to be tested outside our premises using mobile measuring equipment regardless of its capacity.
Scope of tests and assessments (selected characteristics):
(drawings, technical manuals, material certificates, electrical diagrams)
(material, thickness, dimensions, equipment, maintenance, cleaning)
(performance parameters, emission parameters, electric power consumption, hydraulic loss, noise emissions)
(surface temperatures, overheating, lack of air, propagation of smoke or flame into the hopper, leakage, electrical safety, electromagnetic compatibility)
- ecodesign parameters
(seasonal efficiency, seasonal emissions)
- energy efficiency category
(energy efficiency index - EEI)
- high temperature of the boiler door
- insufficient insulation of the external parts of the boiler
- improper placement of the safety thermostat sensor
- absence of the safety thermostat
- inadequate mechanical protection of the moving gears
- (propensity to) excessive quantity of fuel supplied
SZU’s professional qualifications:
- Government Regulation 163/2002 Coll. - selected construction products
- Regulation (EU) 305/2011 - construction products
- Government Regulation 176/2008 Coll. - machinery (MD 2006/42/EC)
- Government Regulation 118/2016 Coll. - electrical safety (LVD 2014/35/EU)
- Government Regulation 117/2016 Coll. - electromagnetic compatibility (EMC 2014/30/EU)
- Government Regulation 219/2016 Coll. - pressure equipment (PED 2014/68/EU)
- Regulation (EU) 2015/1189 - ecodesign of solid fuel boilers
- Regulation (EU) 2015/1187 - energy labels of solid fuel boilers
- EN 303-5 Heating boilers. Part 5: Heating boilers for solid fuels, manually and automatically stoked, nominal heat output of up to 500 kW.
- EN 14394+A1 - Heating boilers - Heating boilers with forced draught burners - Nominal heat output not exceeding 10 MW and maximum operating temperature of 110 °C
- EN 15270 - Pellet burners for small heating boilers - Definitions, requirements, testing, marking
- EN 12809 Residential independent boilers fired by solid fuel. Nominal heat output up to 50 kW.
- EN 15036-1 Heating boilers. Test regulations for airborne noise emissions from heat generators. Part 1: Airborne noise emissions from heat generators
- EN 15456 Heating boilers. Electrical power consumption for heat generators.
- EN 06 1008 Fire protection of heating appliances
- ČSN 07 0240 Warm-water and low-pressure steam boilers. Basic provisions.
Services order form
HERE you can download an order form for our services.